-->

Monday, May 22, 2006

Rainer Maria in Philly

Rainer Maria rocked the First Unitarian Church last night in Philadelphia, playing lots of tunes from their latest along with a few fan faves from their extensive back catalogue. It was my first Rainer Maria show and I must say I was very impressed. Drummer William Kuehn was awesome, guitarist Kyle Fischer was all over the little stage, and bassist/singer Caithlin De Marrais' voice soared over the band's driving live sound. Opener Ambulette (I got there too late to hear first act, Pela) sounded very cool too. Bummer they didn't have any copies of their EP for sale.

Here's a little live Rainer Maria I found from a recent performance on Minnesota Public Radio.

------All links expired when EzArchive changed------
Catastrophe
Life Of Leisure
Burn

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally awesome show!
I thought first act Pela were good too (better than Ambulette).
It was my first Rainer Maria gig too and they just blew me away - I've had them on repeat on my iPod since!! Can't wait till they come back. Futureheads next!
burlyjim at yahoo dot com

May 30, 2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home