-->

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Radiohead Melts Tower Theatre

I managed to get tickets to see Radiohead's first night at the Tower Theatre Thursday night. Hard to believe I got to see them in such a small venue at this point in their career. They were, as always, fantastic, in spite of the opressive heat and humidity in the venue. During the beginning of "Exit Music" you could hear a pin drop. I've never been at a show where the place was completely hushed like that, hanging on every note in awed silence. "The National Anthem" completely kicked my ass. Of the many new tunes, "4 Minute Warning" was my favorite - the melody is insanely good. The setlist:
01 You And Whose Army
02 The National Anthem
03 2+2=5
04 Open Pick
05 15 Step
06 Exit Music
07 Kid A
08 Nude
09 Arpeggi
10 Street Spirit
11 Pyramid Song
12 Myxomatosis
13 House of Cards
14 Spooks
15 Idioteque
16 Bangers N Mash
17 There There

First Encore
18 Airbag
19 No Surprises
20 Bodysnatchers
21 Everything in its right place

Second Encore
22 4 Minute Warning
23 Karma Police
Obviously I don't have a recording of the Tower Theatre show to post yet (actually, I just found one today 06-10-06 here), so here's another Radiohead gig I had the pleasure of attending. This one took place at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA on 08-13-03. The show was broadcast on the radio and now it's here for your downloading pleasure.
Radiohead: Mansfield, MA 08-13-03

Intro
2+2=5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Paranoid Android
Kid A
Backdrifts
Morning Bell
My Iron Lung
Where I End and You Begin
Sail To The Moon
The Gloaming
Climbing Up The Walls
Creep
Like Spinning Plates
Go To Sleep
Scatterbrain
The National Anthem
There There
encore break #1
Lucky
A Punchup At A Wedding
Airbag
Everything In Its Right Place
encore break #2
No Surprises
Idioteque
Outro

Download the show here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home