-->

Friday, September 14, 2007

Cover Of The Week: The Frames do Mic Christopher

Mic Christopher was an Irish singer/songwriter that Frames singer Glen Hansard befriended back in his busking days. He died suddenly at the age of 32 in a weird accident where he slipped and hit his head, causing him to fall into a coma from which he never woke up. The Frames and Damien Rice have dedicated their albums to Christopher. Here's a cover version of Christopher's "Listen Girl" from The Frames' "Headlong" single in 2002.
The Frames - "Listen Girl"
Buy The Frames' music here.

-------------------------------------------

Check out previous Cover Of The Week posts by clicking the "Cover Of The Week" label below or the link on the right side of the page under "Return To Oblivion".

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Honey said...

Hey, I wish that I would've known a fellow blogger would be at that frames show. Anyway, yeah, I had a great time, wasn't as good as their town hall gig earlier this year, but wonderful nevertheless. Glen can wail like no other. And seeing your post with the pic of the "Headlong" single just makes me wish that they had played it, since it's my favorite Frames track. Glad the trip to nyc was worth it for you.

September 14, 2007 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just discovered your site, there is some great music here! I don't usually ask this of people, but would there be any chance of re-upping the Steve Earle show from Byron Bay in 1998 I was at both shows he played there 1998 - it was also the first time I had heard Buddy Miller! If you can't no problem, if you can Thankyou in advance - in the meantime I think I will check some of the other goodie

Cheers Albert

September 15, 2007 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home