-->

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Brandi Carlile Is Amazing

Brandi Carlile totally rocked my world a couple of Monday's ago when she played the Electric Factory in Philly. The setlist was a dream, as she blistered through a ton of old favorites, as well as a bunch of new tunes and a couple of covers. At one point she did a new song called "How These Days Grow Long" completely unplugged - though it was hard to hear it from where I was sitting it was an awesome concert moment. Gibb Droll's guitar soloing during "Folsom Prison Blues" was phenomenal, and Brandi's set-ending rendition of "Hallelujah" was so good that it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Though I don't have a recording of the Philly gig (yet), a bunch of the songs are up on YouTube and I came across a great version of a new tune called "Love Songs". Also, I did happen to find this set from May when she played the Avalon in Boston streaming on Live Nation's website.
Brandi Carlile
Boston
May 2007


The Times They Are A-Changing
Late Morning Lullaby
Follow
Until I Die
Closer To You
Have You Ever
Losing Heart
Josephine
Turpentine
My Song
Downpour
The Story
What Can I Say
Hallelujah

Download the show here.
Don't forget to pick up Carlile's new live CD, Live At Easy Street Records along with her other CDs here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dieter said...

If you haven't already recognized, BC's show from the Oct. 7th, 2007 has been recorded. You can download the mp3 files here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O20IR75Y

October 25, 2007 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW GOOD?! Seriously, she's amazing. I saw her about a month ago in Boston and was completely blown away.

November 04, 2007 10:48 PM  
Blogger Women Out Front said...

Hi, any chance you could reupload either of these shows?

As usual I'm late to the party and both links are dead.

TIA

October 14, 2009 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home