-->

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Brandi Carlile

I posted earlier about how I'd missed this talented artist's debut album when it was released in 2005. Only through the advice of a student of mine did I check out her self-titled album, and I was immediately blown away by Ms. Carlile's subtle yet powerful voice. Her songs are well crafted and full of hooks. In other words, she's got the goods with which to enjoy a long, successful career in music.

I was inspired by Heather's recent post on her blog, I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, so I decided to post some Brandi for your listening pleasure. Can't wait to see her live when she comes to Philly at the end of March. Enjoy, and if she suits your fancy help support an emerging talent by buying her debut album.

------All links expired when EzArchive changed------

Throw It All Away (acoustic)
Eye Of The Needle (acoustic)
Fall Apart Again (acoustic)
Hiding My Heart (live)
What Can I Say (live)
My Song (live)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Fabulous, fabulous. At least two of these I hadn't heard before. Thanks, Jason! You will be BLOWN AWAY by her live - ten times better than the recordings because you can see how she pours herself into it.

March 12, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home