-->

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Live Concert Post #1: Black Crowes VH1 Storytellers

I've decided to post a full live show once and a while, as frequently as I can. Because they're one of my favorite bands of all time and they're about to embark on their first acoustic tour, I thought it was appropriate that the inaugural concert post should be a Crowes acoustic gig. This is the Crowes performing for VH1's Storytellers on 08-27-1996 at The Bottom Line in New York.



From the era when the Crowes were at the peak of their live powers, the show began with only the brothers Robinson on stage, gradually joined by the rest of the band. Hope you enjoy this great moment in Black Crowes concert history.

Nonfiction*
Good Friday*
Under A Mountain**
Story 1
Thorn In My Pride**
Jealous Again
Story 2
Wiser Time
Story 3
She Talks To Angels
Story 4
Hard To Handle
Story 5
Ballad In Urgency
Story 6
Descending
Story 7
Remedy
- encore -
Story 8
She (Gram Parsons cover)
Nonfiction
Torn And Frayed (Rolling Stones cover)
  • Chris & Rich only *
  • Chris, Rich, Steve & Eddie only **
  • The rest was played by the entire band except Johnny.

  • Labels:

    13 Comments:

    Blogger jeffro said...

    nice!

    April 07, 2006 4:48 PM  
    Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

    you da man

    April 07, 2006 7:25 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Sir,

    Can you tell me where can I get the DVD of this amazing concert ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Goncalo Joglar

    August 18, 2006 9:53 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello again,

    I forgot to include my email - gvjoglar@hotmail.com

    Kind regards,

    gvj

    August 18, 2006 9:54 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    please upload this to rapidshare. use linx to protect the file. the file server you use said "maximum tranfer something or other" so i couldn't check this out, but would very much like to.

    November 07, 2006 4:57 AM  
    Blogger WMassCrowe said...

    Great post, Thanks much!

    February 09, 2007 8:29 PM  
    Blogger jamminjunkie said...

    I am glad this is out there for everyone to enjoy.

    I just posted the Black Crowes 2008 Unplugged mp3s here if you are interested.

    June 09, 2008 8:03 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is why I love the internet. Thru knowledge we grow, thru understanding we enlighten.

    December 14, 2008 3:40 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh THANK YOU so much!

    January 08, 2009 10:18 PM  
    Blogger Jeffrey said...

    I just want to forward this with, I never post comments on boards and am for the most part a lurker, but for this I"m making an exception:

    Thank you so much for the posts of this amazing performance. So much music these days is just filler or marketing masked in music. To come across this highlight of stripped down music made my day.

    Kudos to you good sir :)

    March 26, 2009 5:13 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I haven't been able to download the files, *sigh*

    but i want to thank you in advance soooo much for posting this. i've been searching like crazy for the thorn in my pride version from the storytellers, goose bumps..

    do you know when the files will be available? and if it is not too much to ask, i would make my month if you email me just Thorn in my pride version for now, puuulease? :)

    Thanks a bunch!

    im at wildracoons [at] gmail.com

    October 27, 2009 11:04 PM  
    Blogger Nick said...

    hey thanks for posting, but the links are down. any chance you can put them back up on a different site? thanks!!!

    November 16, 2009 8:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey,

    I left a comment a couple of months ago, I was really looking forward to listening to the versions you have posted, i can't find it anywhere else.

    BUT... the links are broken. Can you post them somewhere else, puuullease :)

    Cheers and thanks agian.

    December 02, 2009 6:08 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home