-->

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Live Concert Post #8: Gemma Hayes 06-15-2002

I first saw Gemma Hayes live when she toured the US in support of 2003’s Night On My Side. The talented Irish songwriter played a set at the Khyber, a tiny little club in Old City, and she and her band kicked the audience’s ass. During the set she played a b-side called “Stop The Wheel”, which had a long, drawn-out rocking ending that followed a 2+ minute quiet part. I tracked down the import single that had “Stop The Wheel” on it and when I listened to the studio track I was horrified to hear that the song faded out just as the rocking part kicked in! So it became my mission to find a quality recording of her band performing the entire version of “Stop The Wheel”. I eventually obtained this short set which, thankfully, contains the full-blown rocking ending of said tune.
Gemma Hayes: 06-15-2002 Norwegian Woods Festival

Making Waves
Ran For Miles
Work To A Calm
Hanging Around
Stop The Wheel

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you still have this show please! :)

November 18, 2008 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home