-->

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Soulsavers: 07-11-2007 Paris

Had a dream come true when I caught Soulsavers play the tiny little North Star Bar in Philly last week. Mark Lanegan was touring with the band to support their stellar new release, It's Not How Far You Fall, It's The Way You Land, on which he sings most of the songs. While I was making a call on the street outside the venue before the gig, a white van pulled up and out popped the band. Lanegan stood right next to me while he waited for his bandmates to unload, while I stood starstruck and dumbfounded, stuttering to my friend on the phone that MARK LANEGAN was hanging out right next to me. I couldn't come up with any pithy comments to say to him, so I just stood there trying not to stare. Pathetic, I know, but it will still be filed away as one of my favorite "brushes with fame".

The show itself was awesome, although the band's set was too short for my liking. Lanegan's vocals were absurdly deep, gravelly and resonant in the small club, and the band totally rocked tunes from their new album. They even threw in a few choice covers, like CCR's "Effigy" and "Feel So Good" by The Brian Jonestown Massacre (I think...). A little video clip courtesy of YouTube:



Here's the only Soulsavers gig I could find online, and it's an audience recording to boot. If anyone out there knows where I can find a higher quality show from these guys I'd love to hear about it.
Soulsavers (w/ Mark Lanegan)
2007-07-11
Paris, France


Ask the Dust
Ghosts of You and Me
All Night Long
Paper Money
Kingdoms of Pain
Spiritual
I Belong
Effigy
Jesus of Nothing
Cabin Fever
Revival
Devils on the Run
Midnight Special

Download the show here.
While you're waiting for the download to finish, go pick up Soulsavers new record here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home