-->

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Best Kissers In The World: Yellow Brick Roadkill


I was sifting through my friend's massive CD collection when I came across a promo copy of The Best Kissers In The World's never-released second full-length album, Yellow Brick Roadkill. I'd almost forgotten about this 90's pop-rock gem! Best Kissers... are no longer together, but they were the vehicle for singer Gerald Collier to make his music. I just discovered that Collier is still around making records, and he's put out a few solo albums since Best Kissers In The World disbanded. I'll certainly have to check them out.

Don't let over-the-top song titles like "They Give Each Other Diseases" and "I Fucked Up Again" belie the fact that Collier is a gifted songwriter with a dark, witty take on disasterous relationships. Enjoy.
Best Kissers In The World: Yellow Brick Roadkill

01 Hit Parader

02 I Suppose
03 They Give Each Other Diseases
04 Diary
05 Dance Of The Spanish Fire Weasel
06 Roadside Attraction
07 Worried About It
08 Royal Pain In The Ass
09 Lonely Enough To Lie
10 I Fucked Up Again
11 Dead Have Everything
12 Countin' Out Dexadrine
13 One Of These Daze

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ooh, I like this band a lot. Very good choice. In case you're wondering about my blog... I decided to sort of kill it in favor of writing a weekly piece over at Exitfare (exitfare.blogspot.com) in hopes of finding an audience larger than two people. We'll see how that goes.

-b

July 06, 2006 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you could re up these links? They only steam right now.

June 23, 2008 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home