-->

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Farewell, Rainer Maria

As I type this, Rainer Maria is playing their last gig tonight in Brooklyn after ten years of making great music. Hope they rock as much as they did in Philly Friday night at the First Unitarian Church. I just recently got into them, but I'm certainly gonna miss them. Here's the set from the Philly gig. Did anyone out there tape it or take some pictures?
Planetary-->Broken Radio
There Will Be No Night
Atlantic
Soul Singer
Artificial Light
Spitfire
Thought I Was
Burn
I'll Make You Mine
The Reason the Night is Long
CT Catholic
Already Lost
Ears Ring

Summer & Longer
Pincushion
Breakfast of Champions

Catastrophe
The Contents of Lincoln's Pockets
Tinfoil
I can't get enough of their latest, Catastrophe Keeps Us Together. It's an easy pick for my "Best Of 2006" list, which I may get around to posting soon. Regardless, do yourself a favor and buy the record.

Here's a few treats as a little send-off for any RM fans out there.
Rainer Maria - Live Acoustic Set
Easy Street Records
Seattle, WA

Catastrophe
Life Of Leisure
Terrified
Ears Ring
A Name Like Poison
Also, here's a nice interview with the band from YouTube.

Finally, a live performance of "I'll Make You Mine" from a TV performance in NY.
"I'll Make You Mine" (live)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Gig!
Yeah i just into them this year, was fortunate enough to see them (also at the Church) earlier in the year.
Right up there with Stiff Little Fingers for best gig! I just ordered myself all their albums for Xmas!!! If you know of any live gigs I'd love to hear of them and where I can get them. Check rainermaria.com forum for pics - there should be a lot cos there sure were alot of arms aloft with cameras in front of me!!!
x
Jim in NJ

December 19, 2006 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to turn down the opportunity to see them on Sunday night, because I knew a show plus a four hour drive back to Boston would incapacitate me for work on Monday morning. Too bad, I bet all three shows were incredible. Lucky you!

December 20, 2006 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pics from the final show at NorthSix, here

December 21, 2006 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home