-->

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kathleen Edwards 10-12-2005 Philadelphia

Kathleen Edwards opened for My Morning Jacket at this gig and gave a seething, rocking performance. I feel like she stole the show from the headliners, although MMJ was certainly rockin' in their own right. I came to the show already a fan of Edwards' 2005 release Back To Me, so I was ready to enjoy her set from the get-go. The crowd was sparse when she started, but that didn't stop her and her band from tearing through a bunch of tunes from the new record, along with a smattering of songs from her debut Failer. I was so into her intense show that when it was over I realized with surprise that the room was full. Folks had trickled in for MMJ but were cheering raucously for Edwards and her band as she left the stage. Good times.
Kathleen Edwards
10-12-2005 Philadelphia, PA
Theater Of Living Arts
Opening for My Morning Jacket


Intro
Independent Thief
Six O'Clock News
What Are You Waiting For?
Good Things
Intro to In State -->
In State
Copied Keys
12 Bellevue
Back To Me

Download the show here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jeffro said...

She puts on an extremely good show - When I saw her at the Birchmere (VA), she hung around afterwards to talk to her fans and sign autographs, too. That was pretty cool.

August 19, 2006 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home