-->

Friday, November 17, 2006

Twilight Singers Kick My Ass

I saw the Twilight Singers on Monday night at the TLA and they were awesome. It was the first time I'd caught them live, and I was thoroughly impressed with their energetic, passionate performance. Band leader Greg Dulli owned the stage and had the audience in the palm of his hand from the first note. Mark Lanegan joined the band for six songs during the set - a serious highlight for me since I hadn't seen him since the Screaming Trees played Lollapalooza in the mid-90's. The Philly setlist:
Teenage Wristband
I'm Ready
Bonnie Brae
Too Tough To Die
Live With Me
Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
I'll Take Care Of You
Sideways In Reverse
Amazing Grace
King Only
Fat City
Theres Been An Accident
Candy Cane Crawl
Papillon
Martin Eden
Forty Dollars
-----------
Lovestoned/The Killer/Wolf Like Me
Boogie Boogie
Flashback
Underneath The Waves
I don't have a recording of the Philly gig, but I do have the Lowlands Festival from August of this year. Enjoy.
Twilight Singers
08-20-2006 Lowlands Festival
Biddinghuizen, Holland


Intro/I'm Ready
Este Noche
Bonnie Brae
Too Tough To Die
Live With Me *
Where Did You Sleep Last Night? *
Sideways In Reverse *
Flashback *
Teenage Wristband
Candy Cane Crawl
Papillon
Underneath The Waves

* = featuring Mark Lanegan on vocals
Buy the Twilight Singers' music here.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang, passed on a trip to dublin to see them on saturday night last, guess it's another one to add to my "gigs i never went to (and have regretted ever since)" list. the afghan whigs in dublin eight years back circa "1965" was an amazing gig.

November 22, 2006 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I can't access the savefile website - any chance you could take a look at this? I adore The Twilight Singers.

November 23, 2006 3:55 AM  
Blogger J said...

Savefile seems to be working fine for me this morning. Give it another shot and let me know if there is still a problem.

November 23, 2006 7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again,

Yip working now. Thanks so much for the downloads and the website - some great music featured.

November 24, 2006 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the gig. If you ever get the philly let me know. As a major TS/Whigs fan if you want to trade some TS and Afghan Whigs (and/or Mark Lanegan/Screaming Trees), leave a reply post and I´ll recontact you to set up a trade

Steve

December 08, 2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i was at the TLA show as well, and had a blast!!! thanks so much for making the Holland show available- i have the LA House of Blues show if you are interested...

December 21, 2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home