-->

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Brandi Carlile WXPN 02-20-07

One of the great things about Philadelphia's WXPN is how well they treat their members. Last night the station held a free concert for members featuring Sweet Oblivion favorite Brandi Carlile. Before I headed down to the show, I managed to set up a contraption to record the concert as it broadcast over the radio.

Carlile was fantastic as always, and she and her acoustic band played eight songs from her forthcoming sophomore effort, The Story, due out April 3rd. In addition, she threw in a couple of old favorites and bookended the set with covers. The new songs were awesome, and if you've heard her perform live before you may recognize a few of the tracks. The highlight for me had to be "The Story". When she kicked into her high register to belt out the second verse the crowd went appropriately nuts and I got shivers down my spine. What a voice! Enjoy.
Brandi Carlile
World Cafe Live
02-20-07


The Times They Are A-Changing
Late Morning Lullaby
Turpentine
Follow
Have You Ever
Josephine
Until I Die
What Can I Say
Cannonball
Downpour
The Story
---------
Throw It All Away
Folsom Prison Blues

Download the show here.
You can buy Brandi's debut or preorder her next record here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

J...

Nice picture! Great description of the show.

Bert

February 22, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger J said...

Thanks. A friend sent me the picture and said it was from the show. Hope they were right...

February 22, 2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's one of mine! That's why I commented.

http://bertgos.smugmug.com/gallery/2498266#131164298

February 23, 2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

J.

You can still use the pic. I really don't mind. They are out there on public domain. I just thought it was funny that it turned up on your page. In fact I have galleries up from the Cutting Room and a surprise gig at the Knitting Factory later that night.
Go to www.bertgos.smugmug.com

Bert

Bert

February 24, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger LeftCoaster73 said...

Thank you, thank you!! Your recording and posting efforts are very much appreciated!!

February 27, 2007 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home