-->

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Gov't Mule 11-03-1996

Gov't Mule's new record, High & Mighty, dropped today, so in honor of the occasion I decided to post a show that harkens back to my first Mule experience.

I went to see the Black Crowes play back to back nights at the Tower Theater near Philadelphia in November of 1996, and I got to the venue the first night toward the middle of the opener's set. The song they were playing was awesome (for any Mule fans out there, it was "World Of Difference"), the band was killer and the guitarist was phenomenal. His voice sounded awfully familiar... Well, this dullard eventually figured out that the singer/guitarist was Warren Haynes, sometime member of the Allman Brothers. His new power trio, Gov't Mule, was opening for the Crowes, and they'd just won over a new fan. Needless to say, I got to the Tower plenty early the next night to be sure I caught all of the Mule's set.

Though I don't have a soundboard recording of either Mule set that I saw in 1996, I did track down one from the same tour when they were opening for the Black Crowes.

------All links expired when EzArchive changed------
Gov't Mule
11-03-1996
Amherst, MA
Mullins Center
Opening For The Black Crowes


Pygmy Twylyte >Blind Man In The Dark >
Mother Earth
Game Face >
No Need To Suffer
Mule > Who Do You Love?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home