-->

Friday, April 20, 2007

Cover Of The Week: Stanley Jordan does Led Zeppelin

I thought I'd try something a little different for this week's cover. Stanley Jordan is a solo guitarist, and he sounds like no one I've ever heard before. I had the good fortune to see him live at a small concert hall in Delaware years ago, and he blew my mind. Here he is doing a live version of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven". All the sounds you hear are just Stanley doing his thing. Give it a shot.
Stanley Jordan - "Stairway To Heaven (live)"
Buy Stanley Jordan's music here.
-------------------------------------------

Previous Covers Of the Week:

M.A.C.C. - "Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)"
Gov't Mule - "30 Days In The Hole"
Veruca Salt - "My Sharona"
Soundgarden - "Come Together"
Pearl Jam - "I've Got A Feeling"
Gomez - "Getting Better"
Muse - "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"
Cast - "The Seeker"
Manic Street Preachers - "Been A Son"
Steve Earle - "Breed"
Sheryl Crow - "Keep On Growing"
Nine Inch Nails - "Dead Souls"
Kathleen Edwards - "A Face In The Crowd"
Catherine Wheel - "Spirit Of Radio"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home