-->

Friday, June 01, 2007

Cover Of The Week: RATM does The Boss

I remember how psyched I was when I purchased a special edition VHS (gasp!) Rage Against The Machine live show about 10 years ago that came with a bonus CD single. The single was a cover of Bruce Springsteen's "The Ghost Of Tom Joad", and I couldn't wait to hear the boys in RATM tackle Bruce's acoustic gem. As one might expect, it sounds nothing like the original, with the band putting its own unique spin on the tune. Now you can find this cover on Rage's Renegades album, among other places, but back in the day this was a rarity.
RATM - "The Ghost Of Tom Joad"
Buy RATM's music here.
-------------------------------------------

Previous Covers Of the Week:

M.A.C.C. - "Hey Baby (Land Of The New Rising Sun)"
Gov't Mule - "30 Days In The Hole"
Veruca Salt - "My Sharona"
Soundgarden - "Come Together"
Pearl Jam - "I've Got A Feeling"
Gomez - "Getting Better"
Muse - "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"
Cast - "The Seeker"
Manic Street Preachers - "Been A Son"
Steve Earle - "Breed"
Sheryl Crow - "Keep On Growing"
Nine Inch Nails - "Dead Souls"
Kathleen Edwards - "A Face In The Crowd"
Catherine Wheel - "Spirit Of Radio"
Stanley Jordan - "Stairway To Heaven (live)"
Stereophonics - "Something In The Way"
Mark Kozelek - "If You Want Blood"
Blake Babies - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
Kristen Barry - "Don't Cry"
Buffalo Tom - "All Tomorrow's Parties"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home