-->

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Like 09-13-2005 KCRW

I took the train to New York last night to catch The Like perform at the Mercury Lounge. I really enjoyed their 2005 debut Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking? and wanted to see them live. The trio of young ladies put on a good show. I wasn't blown away by their live prowess, but I did think drumer Tennessee Thomas rocked the kit pretty hard. Singer Z Berg has a very deep, mature voice for such a young woman, and she sang beautifully live. Bassist Charlotte Froom's harmony vocals were a nice touch too. The show was a lot of fun and it reminded me of why I'll be keeping my eye on their career. Here's their live set from KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic on 09-13-2005.

------All links expired when EzArchive changed------
The Like
KCRW 09-13-2005


Intro
June Gloom
Mrs. Actually
What I Say And What I Mean
Interview
The One
(So I'll Sit Here) Waiting
Too Late
Waves That Never Break
Outro

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home